As a US – Russian law firm, Marks & Sokolov advises on all aspects of doing business in Russia. The quickly changing legal climate in Russia requires continued attention to new laws and regulations affecting multinational businesses. Our firm also assists US law firms which do not have a presence in Russia.
This assistance includes:
- Issuing expert opinions on Russian law for litigations and arbitrations outside Russia
- International service of process in Russia
- Conducting discovery and depositions in Russia
- Incorporating a new entity in Russia
- Establishing representative offices and branches
- Advising on corporate governance issues
- Securing necessary licenses and official approvals for businesses
- Securing compliance with local rules
Due diligence is of the utmost importance when planning investments or strategic partnerships, or buying a business. We can provide intricate business analysis for corporate and management structure, property rights, and contract obligations.
- Overall analysis of finances and functions of the targeted entity
- Risk analysis and recommendations on how to handle said risks
- Assistance during the acquisition process, from negotiations through closing
The Russian and CIS market have their own distinctions that have to be explored and conquered when entering litigation. The firm has entered into a cooperation agreement with the Russian Attorneys Guild and can provide qualified legal representation throughout Russia.